Careers: Now Hiring
Manager — Audit and/or Tax
Looking to take your career to next level with opportunity for advancement? Love helping people and working on a variety of clients? If you’re excited about the idea of working on a diverse and challenging group of clients within a flexible workplace that values teamwork, client service and community, we’d like to grab a cup of coffee with you.
Howe, Riley & Howe is a well-respected mid-tier CPA firm with offices in Bedford and Portsmouth, NH.
We’re also a:
Seven-time NH Best of Business award winner
Top 50 Best US Accounting Firm to Work For
HRH is seeking audit and tax managers to join its team of nearly 50 accounting professionals. Positions are available in both our Manchester and Portsmouth, NH offices. Principal and Partner track opportunities are available for the right candidates.
Ideal candidates possess:
Superior technical and communication skills
CPA with several years of public accounting experience
Experienced Seniors who have the skills and ability to fast track to the Manager level will also be considered.
HRH provides an outstanding work culture and compensation and benefits package including a flexible work environment. No long distance or overnight travel required. HRH is an Independent Member of BKR International.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line: Manager.
Senior Audit and/or Tax Accountant
Looking to take your accounting career to the next level with opportunity for advancement? We’re searching for individuals with at least three years of professional accounting experience who are ready to work with clients in varied industries. If you’re excited about the idea of advancing to a Manager role within our flexible workplace that values teamwork, client service and community, we’d like to grab a cup of coffee with you.
Howe, Riley & Howe is a well-respected mid-tier CPA firm with offices in Bedford and Portsmouth, NH. We’re also a:
- Seven-time NH Best of Business award winner
- Top 50 Best U.S. Accounting Firm to Work For
We are seeking Senior Accountants to join our team of nearly 50 tax and audit professionals. We have opportunities in both audit and tax.
- Coordinating the various phases of engagements, including staffing requirements, job planning and scheduling
- Evaluating internal controls used by clients, and preparing audit programs and time budgets based upon risk assessments
- Assigning audit work to staff accountants on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities
- Supervising and training staff accountants
- Evaluating working papers to determine whether engagements are performed in accordance with professional standards and other regulatory groups
- Reviewing financial statements, disclosure notes, management letters, and other required communication letters
- Ensuring all deadlines on engagements are met
- Preparing federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, trusts, estates and tax exempt organizations
- Preparing complicated tax returns such as consolidated returns, and returns on dissolution or liquidation
- Develop relationships with clients
- Conduct federal, state and international tax research
- Suggest and analyze client tax planning ideas
- Preparation of correspondence with clients and various tax agencies
- Assigning tax work to staff accountants on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities
- Ensuring client’s tax deadlines are met
Ideal candidates possess:
- CPA license with at least three years of experience in public accounting
- Superior technical and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft office programs, including Excel spreadsheets
Howe, Riley & Howe’s outstanding work culture and compensation package includes: a flexible work environment; health, life, dental, vision and long-term disability insurance; 401(K) plan; professional dues and travel reimbursement; smart and kind colleagues who know how to have fun; a robust professional development program and competitive salaries. HRH is also an Independent Member of BKR International.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Accountant.
Accounting Support Staff
Our partners often refer to the accounting support staff as our “hidden jewels.” This extraordinary group does it all from bookkeeping, financial statement preparation and payroll, to individual and business tax returns. Responsibilities include general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, payroll and payroll tax return preparation. Working knowledge of QuickBooks, MicrosoftOffice and willingness to learn other software programs is required. Qualifications include a demonstrated ability to manage time and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, attention to detail and a positive attitude.